The MSc. in Medical Statistics course aims at training personnel to serve in the fields of national health systems, the pharmaceutical industry, and in research which is important to the development of a country. The course equips such personnel with the relevant knowledge of theoretical and practical aspects of statistics and their applications in health research.
The MSc. degree in Medical Statistics covers a minimum duration of four (4) semesters and maximum duration of ten (10) semesters of fifteen (15) weeks each.
1. Holders of Bachelors degrees in Medicine & Surgery, Dental Sciences, Pharmacy, Veterinary Medicine and Nursing Sciences from the University of Nairobi.
2. Holders of at least an upper second class Bachelors degree in Science, Engineering, Agriculture and Arts based subjects with strong mathematical background from the University of Nairobi.
3. Holders of a lower second class degree in the disciplines specified in (2) above plus postgraduate diploma or at least two years of relevant research/work experience in their respective fields.
4. Holders of a pass degree in the disciplines specified in (2) plus a post-graduate diploma in the relevant disciplines with at least two years of research/work experience.
5. Holders of a pass degree in the areas specified in (2) plus at least five years of research/work experience.
6. Any other qualifications equivalent to the above from institutions recognized by the Senate of the University of Nairobi.
Fees and Funding