The University of Nairobi Institute of Tropical and Infectious Diseases (UNITID) laboratories are housed in a modern building complex at the College of Health Sciences Kenyatta National Hospital, Nairobi Campus.
We offer the following services:
- Support research work on emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases.
- Support research in clinical trials.
- Support research in molecular biology, immunology and microbiology.
- Provide diagnosis services in areas such as TB diagnosis by genexpert, HIV viral load, HIV drug resistance testing and screening of Human Papillomavirus (HPV).
- Provide bio-repository services for storage of biological specimens.
- Provide support and leadership in infectious diseases surveillance and management.
- Provide opportunities for internship and attachment for postgraduate students.